[T3] I have a question on the late 10 mm coolers with the part # .

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Oct 20 18:53:28 PDT 2017

 Thank you Jim ;

 I know there were the 90 degree fittings on certain models . Didn't know
they were just on carbed engines . The one I have on my 73 is not a VW part
, i got it in 89 when I got the VDO oil pressure gauge/ 7 PSI light switch .
First not knowing I got a brass T from them and had the oil temp and
pressure and found out real fast that there was not enough flow that way .
Then the VDO dealer here had a few of these banjo fittings and more of a 60
degree angle and it went right in with the copper seals . I can't recall
what I did with the original VW sender yet it did have a taper no copper
seal. Since VDO told me the sender I have which comes with a copper seal yet
won't seat enough in that adapter it might be a 1/8" NPT . I had it out
yesterday and to me the VDO sender looked like it was tapered even though
it's the M10x1 thread . Even though they have the same part number the new
ones show a sealing washer and things tend to change like my same model and
# gauges are not like the late ones even with the same number. If the VDO
sender was M10x1 straight I doubt it would thread into a M10x1 tapered
thread far enough to hold let alone seal. I don't see signs of what one
would see if you forced a M10x2 into a 1/8" NPT.

 Just though I would pass that one in case anyone else wanted to dive into
the world of gauges.