[T3] Clock Fuse, power draw

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sat Oct 21 10:41:17 PDT 2017

Are we talking about the newer quartz type clock, or the older solenoid “thunker?”

I would think that the current draw would really be minimal in either case.  The quartz type is efficient, though it runs continuously.  The “thunker” draws nothing until it “thunks” every few minutes.

The European parking lot bulb draws about 4 watts (0.3 amps), and those are intended to be left on nearly overnight.  8 hours would total 2.4 amp-hrs.

I’d be interested in a true current draw plot to figure out just how much energy we are talking about for each clock type.

-Phil