[T3] Turn Signal

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Wed Oct 25 21:27:32 PDT 2017

I agree the relay and lamps are good, so it’s the TS switch or wiring.

The ’71 TS switch is a one year only, but depending on what’s broken, you can improvise.

I posted about that area of the mechanisms in a thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616570 <https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616570>

I also saw a Samba ad for the switches; not cheap but he had a few.  This looks like one:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2090357 <https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2090357>

ISPwest has one, though the drawing looks wrong, the PN is right:
https://www.vwispwest.com/311953513D.html?p=YzE9MTc3 <https://www.vwispwest.com/311953513D.html?p=YzE9MTc3>

I’d take the old one carefully apart and check for shorts, broken insulators, springs, etc.

-Phil