[T3] Turn Signal

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 27 08:42:30 PDT 2017

On 25 Oct 2017 at 2:33, J. Jonik wrote:

> But no cleaning worked for the turn signals.   Fuse (# 10 ) is also for
> horn, brake lights, and dashboard brake warning light, which all
> work...though horn is a bit feeble.

In looking thru my factory wiring diagrams, I now see that there are THREE
different wiring schemes shown for different times within the '71 model year.
I've encountered lots of variations in cars that I thought were still OE but who
knows how things are wired by now.

I would not count on any particular fuse to serve any particular device. The
turn signals could be served by fuse 10, 11, or 12. The 4-way flasher is
served by fuse 8 or 9 if the key is OFF, but by fuse 10, 11, or 12 if the key is
ON.

Just check all 6 fuses on the right side of the fuse box.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org