[T3] Clutch Plate Problem, cont'd....

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Oct 28 21:04:24 PDT 2017

 I  Haven't replaced a clutch in a VW in decades.

 First what was the issue with the old clutch? Was the replacement the same
and did you fit it the correct way .

 I don't understabd why waiting hours would change anything other than heat
from running the engine. Or possibly the pilot bearing in the crank somehow
is binding up.

 If you raise the rear off the ground is it possible to move the release
lever with a bar with the cable off and see if you cna rotate the rear
wheels ? Just to try to isolate what may be happening?