[T3] Question 73 T-3 FI /auto trans.Grounds on engine.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 30 06:58:00 PDT 2017

On 29 Oct 2017 at 23:17, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> The numbers on the wires are printed about every 6 inches or so, in case
> you need to splice or check an existing wire. Since all the wires are the
> same color, printing the number on each wire  does make sense.

Really? I had no idea. I thought the numbers were just on each end. I'll have
to look at one of my old, really torn up harnesses to see that.

I know that aircraft wiring harnesses have IDs printed every inch or so, which
makes sense, because then not matter where you are you can identify a
wire. But marking every 6" seems like it would be unlikely to end up with a
number right at the start and finish of each wire.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org