[T3] Outside Window Scraper Rubber - Have to Buy Frames?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 21:07:49 PDT 2017

In a message dated 10/12/2017 7:05:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
coachcarl at sol43.com writes:

Hello  everyone.

I’m helping my daughter with her 72 SB, and she needs to  replace her 
window scraper’s - especially the external ones.

Everywhere  I’m looking I only see the external scrapers available with 
chrome  frame.

Is it possible to buy just the rubber for the window scraper and  replace 
that, or does she have to buy the frame as well?
Unfortunately, to get the outer scraper you have to buy the entire  trim 
piece. But a good "work around" is using bus inner scrapers like Mike  
mentioned. Myself, I prefer to use 68-on bug outer scraper pieces, and  drill out 
the rivits, as they seem to fit better. The last set of these I  replaced was 
about 9 years ago, and on that car (my old 71 Notchback "Kunchy") I  used a 
good pair of type 3 inners. On page 18 of this thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249390 I  did a pictorial 
about 1/2 way down that page. Yes they looked a little wavy in  the pics, 
but they've since leveled out and are nice a straight. I should  mention that 
I basically used hand tools other than the cordless drill, and used  1/8th 
inch diameter by 3/16ths inch long aluminum rivits to attach  them.
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.vwtype3.org/pipermail/type3-vwtype3.org/attachments/20171013/884d08bb/attachment.html>

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list