[T3] Headliner insulation

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 10 14:36:23 PDT 2017

On 10 Sep 2017 at 18:37, Brion Sabbatino wrote:

> What is everyone using between the headliner and metal roof for insulation?
>
> If memory serves me correct, there was a fiber material originally in
> my other VW's. This one came with the headliner ripped out. Getting
> ready to pull the windows and install the headliner now that the
> temperature has dropped into the eighties.

Your memory is correct. It is a tan fiber mat that doesn't amount to much. I
may have some OE Squareback insulation sheets in storage, from cars that
I've parted out. The hardest part would be getting it to hold together while
you glue it to the roof. I used 3M spray adhesive, which worked quite well.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org