[T3] Is there an adjustable pedal stop on 73 SB auto trans ?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Sep 13 17:04:58 PDT 2017

 I never looked yet for some reason there is more free play on the push rod than I feel is normal . Bentley states 1 mm at the MC and provides manual trans specs as far as the pedal stop and how far the pedal should be from the firewall .

 I don't have brake issues yet if I move the pedal by hand to feel the push rod free play at the pedal it's at least 1/2" or better. I can't find any specs on how far the pedal should stand from the firewall . There must be a stop at least to keep the brake pedal from falling to the floor.

 My main concern is if one system fails the pedal can hit the firewall and have no brakes on a dual circuit system.

 I thought someone may know if there is an adjustable stop and I have no idea if it was ever altered before I bought it in 85 or if the rod was adjusted.

---