[T3] Is there an adjustable pedal stop on 73 SB auto trans ?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 14 10:12:34 PDT 2017

 I read about a measuring tool . I lifted the floor carpet up enough to get
a ruler against the actual metal of the wall to the back of the pedal pad .
With the pedal at rest instead of the 8 7/8" I got 9 3/8" which puts the
pedal 1/2"  higher. Then with the pedal at rest while trying to keep the
ruler parallel to the floor I can more the pedal by hand 5/8" before I feel
the rod stop which gives me 5/8" free play at the top of the pedal .

 I don't have the tool and my main concern is if either the front or rear
system failed with this much free play the pedal might hit the wall before
the MC is able to apply pressure to which ever end failed. I don't know
because so far I have never had any front or rear hydrolic failures .  Yes
the pedal is high relaxed yet with the added free play I can't judge how far
the pedal might move .

  I felt if I moved the stop toward the pedal arm where it contacts the stop
this would lower the pedal and at the same time reduce the free play . It
may not be 1 mm which I can't measure yet if I still feel free play it
should be fine . I don't know what the ratio is between the pedal pad at
it's pivot and the push rod pin is .