[T3] Re/ Brakes and Front End

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 16:38:35 PDT 2017

Checked brake pads and rotors again, and ball-joints seem ok...but that left tie-rod end needs to be replaced (again...since the May replacement part apparently wasn't great).  Wheel bearings check out as nicely greased...and no play on wheels (tires on), off the ground, when jiggled up and down or side to side.

New clue is that, when braking, the thump-thump noise is still felt, but with hands light on the steering wheel (at dead slow), the car pulls to the left...when braking.   Maybe this is about a faulty caliper on the right...maybe only half working?   If so, how to test?  (I have plenty of old spares.)

 Another clue to something is that both front tires are wearing smooth on the outside edge. They passed state inspection in April...but....
  Still, what's causing the bumping on each tire revolution ONLY when braking?  It's hard to tell which side is doing it...but I'll see if some friend can jog along a little and watch/listen for anything  audible or visible.