[T3] Heater box cable bolt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 24 05:41:48 PDT 2018

On 24 Apr 2018 at 11:08, Dave Hall wrote:

> I should have remembered that it's the same cable as a Super Beetle one.  If
> you have to replace it, the two ends are different lengths. So make sure you
> put them into the right conduits!

For '67-73 Type 3s, my parts book shows:

311 711 707 C

For '73'4 Super Beetle, my less authoritative aftermarket catalog calls out

133 711 717, which it also calls out for '67-73 Type 3s.

I don't know how close these are, but I had trouble many years ago trying to
make some more generic cable work.

Longer wire goes in the upper hole. I finally made a note of this in my
Bentley, since it was impossible for me to remember.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org