[T3] Heater box cable bolt

Stet Sanborn stet.sanborn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:42:23 PDT 2018

Hey t3 folks -

I’m down to the last two disconnections so I can drop the engine in my 71 auto squareback. I’m trying to disconnect my heater box control cables from the lever on the boxes.  They clearly haven’t been touched in a few decades. The bolt has become one with the cable, and I can’t break it loose even with penetrating oil.

I’m curious if you all would recommend cutting the cable for now and running a new one when I put in my new engine, or keep working on the clamping bolt.  Not sure how easy it is to find replacement cables in the original design, or if people just make their own close enough.

Thanks
Stet