[T3] I still need to change the brake fluid.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:23:15 PDT 2018

I never used to worry about bleeders breaking off yet after doing an
attempt at a search , well it's just packed with horror stories and all
sorts of ways to to free them . All I know is I do need to rebuilt these
calipers , so far they work and don't bind yet the outer seals on one on
the left outside has a small tear . I do have the rubber caps on them at
least on the top ones you bleed from and here we don't have snow or salted
roads . When I replaced the disc pads I checked the bleeders and used a
small brass wire brush to clean around them and gave them a shot of
penetrating oil . I used to live in IL and dealt with lots of rust . Once I
get the caliper kits I'll add more penetrating oil and hope all goes well.
As far as I know it looks like maybe the right caliper was worked on before
I got the car because anti rotation clips are missing , maybe just the pads
were replaced the car was 12 years old when I got it and in 97 or 98 I
replaced the front rubber lines because one was leaking and didn't have any
trouble with the bleeders then they don't look any worse now yet I'm old
and can't really recall what I looked like in 97.

William