[T3] notcheck seat belt anchor points

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:49:15 PDT 2018

Our 1964 Oldsmobile, JetStar III, 2-door hardtop had lap seat belts only -
in front and back seats.  No retractors built-into the webbing.
The center console had a snazzy chrome panel behind the shift lever and
some uncaring passengers would often just "throw" the female end of the
seat belt onto that panel and put "dings" in it.  Irritated me to no end.

My '69 Square has 3-point anchors.
The female ends for both front belts are attached to a yoke-like bracket
that is bolted into the sides of the tunnel.  The bracket is painted dark
brown.  Nothing like the exterior Savannah Beige (L602?) body and door
sills color.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)