[T3] Threaded Insert on Trans mounting bolt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Aug 2 11:04:43 PDT 2018

On 2 Aug 2018 at 12:44, Joe Plowick III wrote:

> Thanks Jim.  I will attempt to remove the insert, just wasn't sure of the
> best way to go about it.  I'd rather not mess with filing down the
> transmission side if I can help it.

Yeah, that's the choice I made, too.

The nice thing about that is that it's reversible if you save the insert. You can
just pull it back in with another bolt. It helps if you get the splines on the
insert aligned with the old grooves before you try to pull it in.

You can also install that insert in a case that didn't have previously have
one, but you'll need to enlarge the hole first.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org