[T3] D jet

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 2 18:25:35 PDT 2018

I did have the 914 based D jet on it last go around, and the problem
was that it had bucking problems at 1200 and 1800RPM, under light throttle
that I was unable to tune out, we have this in the stock T3 application too
but not nearly to the same extent.  So I thought that trying the late T3
system which is smoother in and out of idle and at those points.
I found it was better, but I still had some bucking at 1800RPM, so maybe its

timing related?  anywho... it was worth a try, its just that the E system
cant track well enough as it doesnt have enough adjustments, IE full
throttle..  When I get the engine sorted out Ill have the 914 based system
back in it, which is basically just plug and play...  change the brain and
pressure sensor.

Keith

Keith,

I'll ask again: Why not just start with a D-jet brain and pressure
sensor that was made to work with this engine? That would be a tiny
extra expense compared to what you've invested in this already.

The Type 4 pressure sensor and brain are designed to work with the
pressure drops of Type 4 intake manifolds and intake valves. The Type
3 parts are not. Trying to make this work starting with Type 3 parts
is going out of your way to make this difficult, if not impossible.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org