[T3] Tight Engine

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 2 18:28:02 PDT 2018

YES,	no problem when cold, spins fine, only
when at temp.  Im strongly thinking end play.
Motor will come out when I get back from vacation,
and I have retired some of the risk... the Tranny works and
Rancho got the whine out of it when I sent it back.  Nobody
likes a whiner!  its a bit notchy and stiff but that loosened
up a bit with use before.  The Oil cooler is doing its job too
in getting oil temps down.

Keith

On 1 Aug 2018 at 20:44, Keith Park wrote:

> Ive tried turning it slowly with a wrench, its tight when hot.
> with compression you get some springiness.

Sounds like a good test. Is it springy when cold?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org