[T3] Full load stop on the MPS

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Aug 3 06:27:55 PDT 2018

On 2 Aug 2018 at 21:30, Keith Park wrote:

> With the E version, there is no full load adjustment, just those contacts
> saying to go for it.  you can move the whole curve up with fuel pressure and
> I did that, the adjustment in the MPS is for partial load only, and back
> down on that but tracking to a good mixture over the whole curve isnt going
> to happen with the T3 based system, I can get the partial load just fine but
> then it leans out to 16 under full  or near full load.

There were Type 4 D-jet systems that used the diaphram type pressure
sensors. I'm not sure, but it may have been only in the 1700 cc engines. I
have one of those pressure sensors downstairs that I've been trying to sell
on thesamba. It's for a '72 Type 4.

I should check to see what it fits, if anything, in the 914 world.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org