[T3] Invasion and Post Invasion Repairs

John LaFrancois cybernotchback at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:31:59 PDT 2018

Just thinking out loud here, I haven't checked this, but is it possible
that the most of the bar is hardened, and the ends are softer?  Or the
machining on the ends of the bar may have removed most/all of the hardening
in those areas?  I would think that one might be able to keep some/most of
the hardness after welding spring steel if the weld areas or heat were
isolated, and quenched while still hot.