[T3] Invasion and Post Invasion Repairs

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:19:21 PDT 2018

 I guess I've been lucky. Until this year I haven't experienced any engine
running issues except when I got this car the first thing I did was try to
figure out how the FI worked because I could clearly see it needed new
hoses . When it ran at idle it would run fine then suddenly begin to miss
and the idle speed would drop with black smoke coming out the tailpipe .
While I was working on something else in the small Ford dealership I was a
tech i had this old analog voltmeter connected up and noticed when this
happened the voltage would drop then once it ran fine the voltage was
normal . I lifted the rear seat didn't have any Bentley yet and noticed a
few red poss battery caps then after a bit since it still has that
cardboard cover I found the regulator . It was just rust , I was amazed it
even worked , it was the ONLY thing anywhere on this car that was rusty
other than the bottom of the muffler . I could also see the area under that
battery had some surface rust and the neg cable was green  as well as the
right rear carpet on one corner was eaten a bit. I later realized when I
was wet sanding the car for paint opened the door and the entire floor was
full of water then found the fresh air box drain was the reason for the
rusty reg.

 So far I adjusted the front stabilizer bar once because coming to a stop I
noticed the front end would shift a bit side to side. Since then I've
checked it many times and it's still fine.

William

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>