[T3] 73 square rear seat cushion?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:26:27 PDT 2018

I've only been in a fastback once and that was 1969 a fairly new one the
father of  a girl I dated owned one think it was a 67 or 68 I know it had
FI and a standard trans.

I'm not even sure if the rear seat folds down similar to a SB , I imagine
it does.

 Personally I could live without a rear cushion and simply have a flat deck
yet in order to fold the back down the stops are built into the seat
cushion as are the two guide pins. I usually keep the rear seat up because
it acts like a wall to keep groceries from falling forward. What I don't
like is when I do lower the seat the front seat sits to close for me to the
steering wheel . I'm only 5' 10" 150 Lb's yet I like the seat as far back
as it can go.

 I suppose I could make something that would offer a flat surface with the
rear folded down that would hold the rear back level without using the rear
seat cushion . I don't want to butcher that. I've needed the rear cargo
mate for quite a while it's been breaking apart and now I just cut it
across just ahead of the engine lid where it's still good yet these mats
cost far to much and I need other parts that are more important . Perhaps I
can find a section of carpet long enough and wide enough to cut to fit ,
does not need to be fancy with sewn edges just something better than the
garbage I got from auto zone that to fit the width I had to make three
sections and it's thin material.

William