[T3] Valve Cover

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Thu Aug 16 20:46:22 PDT 2018

I have always used rubberized cork seals, and Muir’s method of thin rubber cement on the cover, and the cover side of the gasket.  Let it dry, then put them together.  On the head side of the gasket, I put an extremely thin smear of grease, wiped so it can only be felt, not really seen.  I get 2-3 valve adjustments out of this setup.
Only once did I try a rubber seal, and as I pulled back into my driveway after an hour or two driving, it came off and dumped a quart of oil on my driveway.  Never again!
-Phil