[T3] Heater Tube

Jeff C knowonelse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:09:34 PDT 2018

I was missing the small diameter tube that runs between the metal piece
that fits between the fan exit and heat exchanger. It runs beneath the
right upper tin to the heat exchanger.

Turns out that standard 1" copper tubing is the same diameter. With a 90
degree elbow and another short piece of tubing and cutting a couple of
slots, bingo, I have a tube now.

Pictures of this along with my car out of hiding are on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135127011@N08/albums/72157700101067914

I didn't feel like soldering or brazing the tube together, I used wood
glue. Interesting that wood glue serves as a excellent etchant for copper.
Who knew!

Jeff '67 Sqbk
Nevada City, CA