[T3] Early heat exchangers update

mpitargue at gmail.com mpitargue at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:11:14 PDT 2018

An update about my search for some early heat exchangers without the flap. ISP West had a pair. Received them today and they are in good shape. Surface rust but otherwise pretty solid. They have the blankets on them and they are clean without any oil. I will remove the blankets and will most likely get the heat exchangers ceramic coated and the skid plates powder coated, unless research says that's a bad idea. Then I will reinstall the blankets.  Wish I could find new straps to complete the restoration of the heat exchangers.

I really need to drop my transmission to replace a bent axle but got side tracked with the heat exchangers when I dropped the engine.