[T3] I still need to change the brake fluid.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 1 13:28:54 PDT 2018

On 1 Aug 2018 at 16:14, Bobnotch wrote:

> Not putting the rubber cap on. I've even made them up for domestic
> vehicles that didn't originally didn't come with them too.

I agree that having the little rubber cap helps keep the bleeders from seizing.
If you think about it, if water can get down the center of the bleeder, that
allows it to attack the inside end of the threads, too. The down side of this is
that those little rubber caps that should cost $0.25 each actually sell for $2-3
each today.

Anyone got a really good substitute?

I also put a bit of silicone grease on the threads. Not sure how good it is as
an antiseize, but it may exclude water and it makes me feel safer.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org