[T3] Abnormal Maintenance

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 01:42:01 PDT 2018

Soren mentioning Oval window Beetle tie-rod ends reminded me that they were open joints with a thick rubber cup to hold the grease, which you refreshed every 1500 miles.  I wonder how many of us would expect to have to do a lubrication service once or even twice on an invasion trip!
My '59 Bug had those originally, and I have one NOS bought at a show, but I regard it as a curiosity and will probably never  fit it, in the interests of simpler maintenance.

Dave,
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club.