[T3] Starting Again

matthew n stanfield vw70t3 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 15:45:19 PDT 2018

Jim Adney wrote on 8/12/18 2:39 PM:
> Good history, but could you tell us what happened after 2008 or 2011 that
> kept it off the road. Would it just not start after that?
I have not been able to get it to start since 2008. As i mentioned, i
tore the engine down for a second time and it just would not start after
putting it back together. It would fire when i tried to start it, but
not start. I lean towards it being a timing issue, so i adjusted the
distributor back and forth between the two extemes that i could move it,
but was unable to get it to start. I pulled the distributor several
times. Checked and rechecked the orientation of the distributor drive
shaft. But always got the same result. It was frustrating. Everything
seemed right. It seemed like it was close to starting. It just wouldn't.

--
matthew n stanfield
1970 VW FastBack