[T3] Still too tight

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 17:40:52 PDT 2018

I checked the end play, it was still at .003, I set it up to .005, engine is
back in and same problem, its tight when fully up to temp, still cranks but
slowly
and is stiff when turning over by hand.

Runs well, no expensive sounds, put about another 15 miles on it and little
if any improvement. It quickly free's up after its been off just a few
minutes.

This motor is a 2056 and was run for about 1000 miles with no stiffness
problems before I pulled it apart for low oil pressure issues and cam
followers that were not rotating in the bores properly.

for this build Its got a new cam and lifters, checked the bore, bearing fit
etc, no problems and the cylinder set has about 1000 miles on it, I never
even pulled the pistons out of the cylinders when I pulled it apart, so they
*should* be broken in and OK, they were fine in the last build. Same crank
and bearings and case, no problems before.

Its still got the Joe Gibbs break in oil in it with about 40 miles on the
motor
since I put it back in the car. Just not sure where to go, I have a feeling
I could pull it apart now and find nothing as its smooth as silk when cold.

Sigh!  I just get NO warm and fuzzies with a T4 motor!

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com

71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"

93 RX7  "Redstur"

95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"

"hanging out at the tail end of the bell

curve, and loving every minute of it!"