[T3] Still too tight

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 17:46:06 PDT 2018

Yea, it acts like it gets just hot enough to get tight, this is at 200-210
in the sump, however on the first trip out it got to 225 and that didnt
seize it any worse.  weird!

Fan is tight and blows....

Ill have to check with the clutch.

oil pressure valves were out and checked with the last rebuild, and their
sealing surfaces polished and seats checked, I didnt see any problems with
them.

its NOT the valve train, because... with the engine cool you can feel some
play in the cam gear, its a 0 gear like they all are so it has some play
engaging the crank, when it gets hot that play cannot be felt anymore, so if
the cam were tight the crank would still have loose slop in the gear tooth
play, it does not when hot.

Bearings seemed Normal, no, I just pulled the flywheel that was it, I would
think that after 40 miles or so now if a bearing were seizing I would know
it by now.  I did see just a smidge of play in the #1 main rocked up and
down with the flywheel off, so that one is not overtight at least.  I
measured all the bearings in the bore of the case with snap gauges, the
checked out OK and i Plastigauged the Rod bearings but again..  40 miles, if
something with them were that wrong I think Id know by now... but maybe not.

Keith
'

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"
"hanging out at the tail end of the bell
curve, and loving every minute of it!"