[T3] Still too tight

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 18:01:17 PDT 2018

Yea know, I was curious enough about this to have googled it today.
DIdnt get any answers but I remember when I first broke in this engine with
the new cylinder set I complained to Jake Raby that my oil pressure was in
the toilet and he suggested not to worry about it and get the break in oil
out of there as early as 100 miles.  That was a different oil, Brad Penn,
and I didnt have this problem then but
this is Joe GIbbs... but yea, its only in there for the Cam, ya think 40
miles is enough for that?

Ill get that oil out of there, and I can check the sump and filter for any
signs of bad things too...

Keith

I have been following this interesting thread for some time now...
everyone loves a mystery.

I had an idea about what is happening, and I called a good friend of
mine who has built more engines in his long and varied career than the
rest of us all put together (VW, Porsche, race engines of EVERY stripe
including for some of the biggest names in racing and airplane engines),
and he agreed with me 100%.

Dump the break in oil and put in 20-50 or whatever you have successfully
used in the past.  95% of the reason to use break in oil has to do with
the rings.  Yours were done a long time ago.

Changing the oil is cheap and there is NO reason not to do it.  I think
your problems may go away.

Don Robertson
donrob at fastmail.com
905 566-0000 (cell)