[T3] Giving up Stock FI

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Dec 25 16:23:34 PST 2018

Yea, with the 71 in stock form, 27-8 on the highway was the Norm and 20ish
in town, I know I was running a bit rich but with the heavy loads I towed on
a regular basis I didnt want to find a hole in a piston if I was running in
the other direction.

With the stock 2056, Im getting 22-3 on the highway, about what I would
expect but it sits in the lean zone there so that makes sense, around town
its 15-16 and Id expect 17-18 but around town its at light throttle more and
thats the rich zone, so Im curious what mileage to expect if it were running
a modern closed loop system and the curve and spark etc. were optimized over
the entire curve.

I can further lean out the Djet, and then I run in the 15's AFR on the
highway in the lean zone BUT, as Ray Greenwood states, those numbers may not
be accurate with that type of injection and stock exhaust, and when I did
run those AFR's it didnt seem to run oil temps any hotter or head temps, and
didnt detonate so it was PROBABLY fine.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"
"hanging out at the tail end of the bell
curve, and loving every minute of it!"