[T3] Giving up Stock FI

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:15:14 PST 2018

Hi Keith

I have a 1776 I squirted in ... I want to say 2011? I was using it in a 68
squareback up until 2016. Daily-driver with several road-trips between
Colorado, California and Arizona.

I like to tinker and this engine has been through a lot of iterations. That
engine in the 68 was giving me 30-33 mpg routinely. When I decommissioned
the 68, I had gone distributorless and I was playing with a lean-cruise
setup with 16+ AFR targets and coordinated extra advance. Still
wasted-spark and bank fired injectors. Excellent drivability.

I'm not done though. I'll retire at the end of March and have a nice 67
fasty to put this drive train into. But without a work-commute I will need
to invent reasons to drive it. ;-)

Max