[T3] 1970 Fastback FI won't start

Dorough, Don CIV, NPPSC N3/PSD Pensacola don.dorough at navy.mil
Wed Feb 14 11:29:25 PST 2018

Hey Guys,

I could use some help.  I have a 1970 Fastback (still F/I) and it stopped starting.
Here is what I have troubleshot so far and what I know:
I have a new battery, charged up
Fresh gas in tank
Fuel pressure is about 30 - 32 without the engine running, but key on.  I believe it will drop down to 28psi once it starts
(I can hear the gas circulating in the fuel rail and back to the tank)
The plugs and points are cleaned and gapped property.  I have good spark.

The engine will "fire" for a few seconds if I use engine start fluid in the plenum.  But it won't stay running.

What do I look for next?

I'm beginning to worry that it is a ECU problem, but I'm hoping not.

Thanks in advance,

Don