[T3] 71 Squareback MT/FI - Fuel Filter Questions

Wisconsin Spryers wispryers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:07:56 PST 2018

I'm in the process replacing the ALL of the old fuel hoses on my 1971
Squareback (MT/FI).
While removing the old hoses, I noticed a 2nd fuel filter had been inserted
in the feed hose coming out of floor pan section on the left side of the
car before the line enters the engine compartment.

Is this normal? Is there any benefit to adding this 2nd filter?

I wasn't planning on replacing the 2nd filter as I've not seen this
configuration referenced before. You input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard Spryer