[T3] Things you never think about....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Feb 19 20:38:18 PST 2018

On 19 Feb 2018 at 19:32, Keith Park wrote:

> I used to be able to glue TO plastic sheet with Liquid nails for
> flooring, however when it went VOC they took the solvent out and it no
> longer stuck to anything.  What is on the market today that sticks to
> plastic sheet and seals it?

There are several 3M products that will work. What I usually try to
do is reuse the OE stuff. If you pull the sheet off carefully, you
can generally push it back in place. It's amazing that the old stuff
is still tacky.

If I need to enhance the OE glue in places, I use ordinary rubber
cement. Rimco used to sell a gasket compound called Gas-ka-Cinch, or
something like that. It seems like a rather heavy-duty rubber cement.
I always buy a can of Gas-ka-Cinch whenever I get anything else from
Rimco.

Whatever you use, it's best if allows the sheet to be peeled off
later if necessary. You don't want to have to destroy the sheet the
next time you need to get inside the door.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org