[T3] 2018 Type 3 Invasion - Update

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Jan 29 13:44:32 PST 2018

On 2018-01-29 12:52, Dave Hall wrote:
> I've not been charged, but the last visut was in   2011 when we
> celebrated 50 years of the Type 3. That was great as we assembled over
> 100 Type 3 s in the factory grounds, and had cruise around the site.
> Thinking about it further, the factory tours go from inside Autostadt
> now, and you do have to pay for that.
> Look on the website, and see.
> It's all good stuff, and the VW group pavilions are worth visiting.
> Lamborghini, Bentley, Skoda, Seat. They do day, 2day and 3day passes.
> Check the website in case I'm behind the times as usual.
>
> Dave,
> UK VW TYPE 3 and 4 Club

I went through the VW Academy and Museum about two years ago with my
students and some faculty members from my school. We couldn't go through
the plant at the time because they were adding the new Atlas SUV line to
go with the Passat line that has been producing that car for North
America since the plaint open about 5 or 6 years ago. The only thing we
had to pay for was lunch at the cafeteria inside(good food by the way).
The museum is great. Don't know if it's still there but there was a 1943
KDF inside. I about died when I saw it setting there. Oldest VW I've
ever seen in person by far. Other cool VWs there too. I was talking to
them and told about Clementine and we agreed that if the Passat had
never replaced the T3s this would be where the T3s for north America
would be produced now. Just something to think about.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI/MT
Rainsville, AL