[T3] 2018 Type 3 Invasion - Update

Marion McDonald mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 29 05:59:04 PST 2018

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:04:21 +0000
From: Joe Plowick III <gtixpress at gmail.com>
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] 2018 Type 3 Invasion - Update

Is there any cost associated with the VW Factory tour?

Thanks,
Joe P.

******************

There are no costs associated with the visit to the VW factory except the
cost of lunch.  The only other costs associated with the Invasion will be
your food and hotel costs and the cost of the Saturday night dinner.

We will have lunch at noon at the VW factory after the morning tour of the
academy in a conference room in the visitor's center near the atrium where
we will park our cars.  You can handle lunch one of two ways.  Everyone is
welcome to bring their own lunch, but we plan to get a headcount both
Thursday night and early Friday morning of the people who want us to cater
in a lunch.  Based on the headcount, my spouse Peg will obtain the food in
Scottsboro after the caravan has departed for the factory.  She will arrive
with the food at the factory at noon.  It will be something like Subway
sandwiches, chips, dessert, and a drink, but a decision on that has not been
finalized.  The cost will be what ever it cost us to obtain the food.  I
expect it will be less that $10 per person.

While I am on here, let me mention another detail not addressed on the
website.  If anyone plans to trailer their car to the Invasion, they are
welcome to stash the trailer at my house for the duration of the Invasion.
My house is 8 miles from the host hotel. If this is your plan, let me know
so I will know if any car trailers will be coming.

For your information, there 87 octane ethanol free gasoline available 1 mile
from my house and there is 92 octane ethanol free gasoline available in
Scottsboro.

As noted on the website, I will need your reservation payment for the
Saturday night dinner by June 8, 2018.  Please include your email address on
your payment and I will acknowledge its receipt.  I would appreciate it if
everyone will take care of this detail as soon as they can so I generate an
accurate headcount for the caterer.  If you have to cancel after you pay, I
will promptly refund your payment.

Please communicate with me if you have any further questions.

Marion McDonald
Section, AL
mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
C: 256-242-4239