[T3] Question on my 73 T-3 Square back . Charging system.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 1 12:07:58 PDT 2018

On 1 Jul 2018 at 11:48, William J wrote:

> Trouble is if I run a wire right off battery + to the gauge it will read
> all the time and may or not be a significant draw on the battery when the
> cars sits for days .

That's a good point, but since you already have the relay, just run the
dedicated sense wire to the input of the relay and let the relay coil continue
to be powered only when the key is ON.

I agree that the current draw of the voltmeter is minimal, but if the car doesn't
get driven very often, it could eventually be a problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org