[T3] Question on my 73 T-3 Square back . Charging system.

Bobnotch bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 10:38:41 PDT 2018

I'm wondering if this could also be a grounding issue at the headlights (which also feed the parking lights).
When we were working on my son's t-3, we were having a grounding issue on the left front fender. While the parking lights were good, the headlight and side marker light were a little dim.
Cleaned the ground connections, and everything returned to normal. We also cleaned up the rear light grounds too, just to be thorough. His car does need more electrical work done to it, but part of that is from the changes we made last year, and never got around to finishing.
In his case however, he's got a type 4 engine in it, with an alternator which charges the battery at idle, which is nice. :-)
Bob