[T3] Batteries.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Jul 4 20:43:00 PDT 2018

  I do  know how a charging system works and most all other auto related electrical issues . What I never  really understood is why a car battery is so iffy, illusive what ever word you prefer.

 When I was in the repair buss we had testers of all sorts, yet you really could not depend or be certain if any test was the entire story.

 When I brought up the issue with low voltage driving at night . I charged the battery in 2 3 hour 2 amp charges in 2 days , 6 hours. it came from 12.32 V to 12.57 V. Then after that I ran  the engine and checked the battery voltgae with lamps all on and off. I only ran the engine at most for 1 hour . I felt well this had to drain it some , I gave it another 3 hour  2amp charge and read 12.66 volts .

 I wait at least 15 hours after a charge to check it. I alos know that these 3 to 4 starts and maybe 3 miles driven does not cut it.

 I don't feel I need to charge it every day it sits. And certainly don't feel I need to check battery voltage before every drive I make . I would if I had a mounted voltmeter I could flip a switch and see or spend the 5 minutes it takes to connect my DVOM and check .

 My in car mounted meter is connected to other gauges all I can do is isolate it with a switch.

 It drives me nuts.

---