[T3] Spotted on thesamba!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 09:16:36 PDT 2018

I remember Per at the Boise invasion; he was a friend of Toby Erkson's, but
I don't recall his surname. I can only think of Per Lindstrom, who is the
guy who flew a balloon across the Atlantic with Richard Branson, and it
wasn't him!

John may still have the invaders list, or you might find it from the
Type3.org members archive.  You could even email him to ask, I suppose.

Those vans were also supplied to Australia and Nigeria as CKD kits (maybe
other markets, too).  I recall an article in a UK magazine xalled Safer
(later VW) Motoring where someone in Nigeria bought a Type 3 van and
converted it back to to a Squareback sedan by fitting it with the windows
again.  They were just blanking sheets originally; fitted into the window
opening pressings. I think that vehicle was later imported to the UK, and
returned to its van version.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club