[T3] What would I use to repair a small tear in the oil bath rubber intake tube?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:47:37 PDT 2018

 On a FI type 3 . The rubber oval tube that connects the oil bath air
intake to the metal oval duct . It has been tearing a bit where the clamp
needs to be removed to remove the oil bath . It's not missing any section
it's just a break in the rubber , more of a slit . The clamp seems to hold
it together I just want to prevent it from getting worse. I know it's there
to only allow cool outside air through the filter into the IAD rather than
hot engine air. would silicone work or is something else better?

William

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>