[T3] What would I use to repair a small tear in the oil bath rubber intake tube?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:04:13 PDT 2018

I have the clamp of the type that has a release lever which is stock . It's
on the end on the oil bath , if I leave it off then the rubber oval tube
will not hold secure or seal well . The problem is when I remove the oil
bath it comes off first at the IAD and with all the other hoses off and
that clamp off that rubber tube is still over the oil bath port and come
off easy. The issue it getting it back on the rubber tube on one side
catches since I guide it one there first and that's what after decades
caused the small split . Perhaps I've been doing it wrong maybe I should
have squeezed the small bellows on that rubber oval tube yet it always
seemed a bit on the stiff side and I didn't want to break it there. I used
to use a sort of metal hook to get it over the oil bath end so it wouldn't
catch on the oil bath ports edge.

William

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>