[T3] Exhaust leak right side heat exchanger pipe to Empi header?

Douglas Campion campiondouglas at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 21:20:07 PDT 2018

 I used a replacement flange kit that you weld in place.  Probably 20 years ago
    On Thursday, July 19, 2018, 7:06:29 PM PDT, William Jahn <willjahn975 at gmail.com> wrote:

  It's had this leak for years. The pipe that exits the HE is smaller in
diameter because of rust scale from the original muffler I removed years
ago that muffler those two pipes were rusted to thin . At the time my only
option was this EMPI header and muffler .

 I got permatex ultra copper gasket maker that can deal with exhaust temps
. I thought of removing the header and sanding off the rust and using thin
aluminum sheet cut to fit to build up that pipes OD then add the gasket
maker tot the pipe and aluminum as well as the mesh doughnut seal and then
clamp it using the stock clamp . Only other thought was using a regular 1
1/2 " muffler clamp to see it that will close the gap which I do have my
doubts it will.

 Is there a better solution since I need to use what I have and just make
it so I have no exhaust leak .

William