[T3] I've got another question , same one I asked a while back.

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 16:51:07 PDT 2018

 I had to do the MIG trick maybe 10 years ago - it's still holding up, but
it is the stock exhaust.

You have to be careful to seal off the rear of the large heater boxes to
prevent any leaking exhaust getting in around there  Originally there's a
large clamp and packing around the pipe to stop exhaust leaks getting into
the heating system, but mine had more-or-less rusted away (parts 14 and 15
on http://home.clara.net/hallvw/type3/T3pbo/T3pb2-12.htm .)

Cheers,
Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club