[T3] Type 4 engines

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 24 15:01:44 PDT 2018

On 24 Jul 2018 at 16:36, donrob at yachtsales.com wrote:

> What is the value of a good type 4 engine core today?

I don't know, but I'm sure it depends on which version you have. There were
1.7, 1.8, and 2.0 L versions. Last I heard, parts for the 1.8s were 2x to 4x the
price of 1.7 parts, even more expensive than 2.0 parts, so most people will
be looking for 1.7 or 2.0 parts.

Personally, I feel the 1.7 is such a short boost from 1.6 that I don't see the
point of going to the extra trouble and expense, so I suspect that most
people who are looking for cores will only be interested in 2.0 cores.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org