[T3] Hothe progress

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 24 20:04:55 PDT 2018

On 24 Jul 2018 at 21:49, Keith Park wrote:

> One good point, with a week or so with fresh gas the 2 slightly leaky
> injectors, (one from the kerosene) are no longer leaking... so Im set
> there.

Congratulations, and keep it up. The third one may fix itself in a
few more days.

> Rockauto claims a rebuild service for the, but how could they rebuild one?

I'm not sure, but I suspect that this may often consist of
replacement of the hose, since hose failure is the most common
problem when the injectors were still young. As you imply, actual
rebuilding would require some very expensive tooling. I've cut them
apart, but there's no way I could put one back together nicely. It's
sort of a Humpty-Dumpty situation.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org