[T3] Brake Line grommet

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jul 26 06:14:13 PDT 2018

On 25 Jul 2018 at 21:53, Joe Plowick III wrote:

> Does anyone know where to get replacement grommets (front and read) for the
> brake line that goes down the tunnel?  ISP seems to be out of stock for a
> while now.

I have some of them, but there are at least 3 different versions. VW used
different ones over the years. The front one is the one that's usually the
worst. I just sold 2 rears to someone who might have his 2 old rears he'd be
willing to part with. They weren't in bad shape. That was for a '71 and I didn't
have a correct replacement for his front one. (There's 1 in the front and 2 in
the rear.)

It's probably reasonable to reuse all of yours and fill the front one with
silicone caulk after everything's installed.

BTW, I can make replacments for that long line from the new CuNi alloy.
That will never rust and if you send my your old parts I can reuse the nuts
and grommets. The lines sold for Beetles are too short for Type 3s.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org