[T3] Brake Line grommet

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jul 26 11:32:14 PDT 2018

On 26 Jul 2018 at 13:18, Joe Plowick III wrote:

> Yep, I'm making a new line.  I had bought 25' of the Nickel copper stuff
> to re-do the lines at the wheels.  Since I had a lot left, I decided I
> would try re-doing the line through the car since it was looking rough
> too.  Like I've seen mentioned before, I think I'm going to split it into
> two lines and couple them under the rear seat.  With the NiCU lines being
> pretty soft, it may be possible to run it as one line, but doing the
> flares under the car doesn't sound like fun.

The CuNI stuff is the way to go. With that, you'll never have to worry about
rust again, so there's really no point in breaking that long line in half (and
doubling the possible leak points.)

Just cut your old line into 3 pieces, remove them, and measure them. Add a
couple inches for good measure. It will go in easily. The hard part is dealing
with the Tee at the rear. It's just very close quarters.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org